The Zoning Board of Appeals does hereby certify that it is unable to hold a meeting under regular quorum requirements due to COVID-19. On authority of the Governor under Section 2 of Proclamation Number JBE 2020-59, the next Zoning Board of Appeals meeting will be held via video/teleconference conference on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 1:00pm. All efforts will be made to provide for observation and input by members of the public.
ZBA PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA: Link to Agenda
ACCESS INFORMATION: The meeting may be accessed using the following links:
Facebook Live Stream of Meeting:
ORDER OF BUSINESS:
A. Staff PresentationB. Reading of Applicant CommentsC. Questions from Board MembersD. Reading of Public CommentE. Reading of Applicant RebuttalF. Comment from Board MembersG. Roll Call Voting
- Call to order and roll call, with recording of members present.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of Minutes
- Reading of the Hearing Rules
- Presentation of Cases
APPLICANT COMMENTS: To submit applicant comments, please send a written email to the case managing planner. The deadline to submit your presentation is 10:00 AM on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020. Any comments that are submitted after this deadline will not be read aloud during the virtual public hearing, but will be submitted for the public record.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: To submit a public comment, please complete the form at the following link: Link to Public Comment Form. The agenda and staff report packet will be available on May 14th, 2020. The deadline to submit public comments is 12:00 PM on Monday, May 18th, 2020. Any comments that are submitted after this deadline will not be read aloud during the virtual public hearing, but will be submitted for the public record.
REBUTTAL BY APPLICANT: All public comments that are submitted by the deadline will be sent to the appropriate applicant on Monday, May 18th, 2020, by 5:00 PM. The applicant may rebut the public comments by submitting a written email to the case managing planner. The deadline to submit the rebuttal is 10:00 AM on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020.
RULES: Only written public comment and applicant comments will be allowed. Live public comment will not be allowed. No member of the public may submit more than one written comment per agenda item.
- Form. Public comments must be submitted electronically on the form provided by the Metropolitan Planning Commission. Any comment missing this information will not be read aloud.
- Reading of Applicant Comments: A moderator will read into the record the written applicant comments that have been submitted in accordance with these rules. Presentations will be read aloud in a normal speaking voice. The moderator will discontinue reading a comment once it exceeds ten (10) minutes.
- Reading of Public Comments. A moderator will read into the record all comments pertaining to that item that have been submitted in accordance with these rules. Comments will be read aloud in a normal speaking voice. The moderator will discontinue reading a comment once it exceeds three (3) minutes.
- Reading of Rebuttal by Applicant: A moderator will read into the record the written applicant rebuttal that has been submitted in accordance with these rules. Applicant rebuttals will be read aloud in a normal speaking voice. The moderator will discontinue reading a comment once it exceeds three (3) minutes.
The ZBA, in accordance to Article 15 of the Caddo Parish and City of Shreveport Unified Development Code, will hold a public hearing on the following items. Click here to view the full agenda and staff reports for each item.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to our employees and members of the public, all public hearings of the Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) and Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) will be temporarily held via video/teleconference. In addition, MPC staff will be working remotely and will not have any face-to-face contact with members of the public. Staff will be able from 8am to 5pm to assist the public by phone or email.
MPC PHONE: (318) 673-6480
SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: The MPC is accepting new applications through email, as well as through MyGovernmentOnline . A staff member will review your applications materials and contact you if any additional materials are needed. Once deemed complete, MPC staff will email an invoice that should be paid online or by mailing a check or money order to Metropolitan Planning Commission, 505 Travis Street, Suite 440, Shreveport, LA 71105.
ACTIVE APPLICATIONS AND PLANS: If you have already submitted an application to the MPC, please contact the staff member assigned to your application. Plans and revisions of plans should be submitted digitally. When plans are approved, the staff planner will email you the approved plans. Special accommodations will be made for members of the public without email.
For more information regarding modifications to City Planning Commission operations, please view the department’s guide to the public:
MPC MODIFICATIONS TO OPERATIONS DUE TO COVID-19
PLEASE NOTE: All field personnel will continue to serve the public on these days for previously scheduled inspections and complaint investigations. (No walk-ins will be taken, however, customers can call the MPC Office to register complaints and schedule additional inspections.