What you need to know before you post a sign within the City of Shreveport or the MPC’s Planning Limits of Caddo Parish.

The Basics

The zoning ordinances for Shreveport and Caddo Parish has specific regulations related to the posting of signs. In most cases, permits are required to post signs.

When a sign is posted illegally, it may be removed. Various city and parish departments throughout the MPC planning area are responsible for the collection and removal of illegal signs depending on the sign location:

  • Illegal signs improperly attached to traffic signals, traffic signs, bridges and utility poles may be removed and disposed of by the Public Works Department.
  • Illegal signs located within landscaped and non-landscaped street medians may be removed and disposed of by the Streets and Drainage Department.
  • Illegal signs placed in parks, within City limits, may be removed and disposed of by the Shreveport Public Assembly & Recreation Department, better known as SPAR.
  • The Zoning Enforcement office enforces the illegal placement of signs on private property.


Below you’ll find a list of links to assist you with securing a sign permit and answering your sign regulation questions.