- Prior to any site plan application being accepted by the MPC, an in-person Pre-Application Meeting (PAM) is mandatory. Please call (318) 673-6480 to schedule a meeting with a MPC Planner to discuss Pre-Application Meeting and site plan procedures.
- A Pre-Application Submittal Meeting is required in order to be scheduled for the Pre-Application Conference.
- All Pre-Application Submittals must be received no less than 2 weeks prior to the next regularly scheduled and available Pre-Application Conference date.
- There is no fee for the Pre-Application Meeting or the Pre-Application Conference.
- Incomplete Pre-Application submittals will NOT be accepted.
- Pre-Application Conferences are typically held on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of each month, excluding holidays, in the MPC Conference Room.
The following information is provided to assist in the preparation and submittal of a request for a Pre-Application Meeting for projects within the Shreveport | Caddo Metropolitan Planning Commission’s jurisdiction.
Pre-Application Submittal Form— For the submittal form to be accepted by the MPC, the applicant must provide all of the required information described on the submittal form checklist at the time of submittal. All submittals must be received by 4:00 PM no later than 2 weeks prior to the next regularly scheduled and available PAC (which are typically held on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of each month, excluding holidays, in the MPC Conference Room). All submittals received after the above-referenced deadline will be placed on the next available agenda. Incomplete submittals will NOT be accepted.
Pre-Application Conference— A complete meeting agenda will be e-mailed to each applicant at least 1 week prior to the scheduled meeting date. The agenda is divided into specific time slots for each application received. Each applicant must attend during their allotted time. Representatives from each reviewing department (Engineering, Fire Prevention, etc.) will attend the PAC along with MPC staff. During the PAC, each department will have an opportunity to speak with the applicant and provide feedback. Written PAC comments (meeting notes) will be given to the applicant via email by end-of business the day following the PAC meeting.
Pre-Application Comments— Once an applicant has attended the PAC, the applicant should review the meeting notes and address them prior to their formal Site Plan Application submittal. Site Plan Applications will not be accepted without the project going through the Pre-Application process.
Below you will find links to educate applicants on this process.