- The Metropolitan Planning Commission holds a public meeting the first Wednesday of each month at 3:00 p.m. in the Government Plaza Council Chambers. When necessary, they will hold a mid-month meeting on the third Wednesday of every month. Agendas are prepared prior to every meeting, meeting minutes and decisions are available following approval.
The Metropolitan Planning Commission Board of Directors is comprised of nine (9) members appointed by the City of Shreveport Council and the Caddo Parish Commission. Each member serves a term of six (6) years. These members, like the members of the ZBA, are average citizens and do not receive compensation for their time and efforts.
Board Duties and Responsibilities
The Planning Commission (MPC) is responsible for ensuring the orderly physical development of it planning area through the adoption and periodic revision of the Master Plan. The MPC has statutory authority for the review of plats and conditional use permits, as well as the ability to make recommendations on zoning and other development issues to the City Council and Parish Commission. Overall, the MPC:
- Prepares and adopts a general plan
- Reviews subdivision regulations and site plans
- Prepares and recommends zoning ordinances and maps to the Caddo Parish Commission and Shreveport City Council
- Reviews proposed zoning amendments